So…I have been “tagged” by Mandy to post ten things that have happened to me, which is a fun twist on the normal question of things about me. So, in no particular order, here goes.
1. God ‘knocked on the door of my heart’ and I opened the door to him when I was 7.
2. My family drove from Idaho to Florida one year for my brother’s graduation from boot camp. I took over driving as we were nearing Florida and continued driving after everyone else was asleep. When my mom woke up several hours later, her sixteen-year-old-only-daughter was driving through a developing hurricane. We were stopped from crossing the bridge onto the base due to the high waves. Mom sprouted numerous gray hours the moment she awoke.
3. I broke my ankle and caught the flu within a week of starting Jr. High…at a new school…in a new town…and new state…where my grandfather was the Mayor. An auspicious start.
4. I hit a deer one year while driving to work at 4:00 in the morning (I worked at a bakery). Several hours later when my dad arrived (a new person at work had failed to realize I was missing and I was stuck miles from anyone), he found me playing solitare on the front seat (I was in the country with no houses nearby). Dad sprouted several gray hairs that morning.
5. I had a blow-out on the interstate while driving alone late at night. I was young, fearless,and far away from family and friends. Thankfully, God (who is faithful) placed kind and trustworthy people directly in my path that night.
6. I was a passenger in a truck that was totalled. The truck was old and had no seatbelts. We walked away with minor injuries (Praise God!) When my parents arrived and saw the truck (one side was rolled back like the top of a sardine can), they both sprouted gray hairs.
7. I ignored my parent’s better judgment and, while home for my first winter break in college, bought a car on credit. Then, a huge snow storm hit our area and my dad wisely forced me to fly back to Oklahoma. I was not happy. I believe God uses humor as he disciplines his willful children.
8. I gave birth to my son and immediately lost the ability to stop crying at sad things.
9. I’m a mother, I have had projectile diarrhea happen to me.
10. And on that note…no, never mind…we’ll just count that as one and be done.
Now for your turn. I tag Allen.