Mandy tagged me for this Meme. So here’s the 411 on my sweetie:
1. Who is your man? Scott, My Sweetie, Honey, Babe, (but never, NEVER, Scotty!)
2. How long have you been together? 11 years. We met in the Spring of 1996, instantly became best friends and finally tied the knot 4 years later.
3. How long did you date? It depends on which one of us you ask and how you define dating. 🙂 He was my best friend for 3 years before we both officially called it dating.
4. How old is your man? 35. He robbed the cradle. 😉 He thought I was older when we first started “not dating”. It freaked him out when he learned I am 5 years younger than him. I was still in Junior High when he graduated from High School! (Hee, Hee. Love ya, Babe!)
5. Who eats more? I’m sorry. Was there a question 5? Did I miss it?
6. Who said I love you first? He did. He signed an e-mail (when I was living in Japan for a year) with “love you”.
7. Who is taller? He is. Even when I’m wearing heels, he’s still taller.
8. Who sings better? Me? He has a very nice singing voice, but I only hear it in church. Whereas, I hear mine all the time.
9. Who is smarter? On paper, I am, but in reality, he is. I have always been able to “learn for the grade/test” but he actually retains the information he learns. He also has knowledge in a much broader range of topics than I do.
10. Whose temper is worse? Mine. We very rarely fight, but when we do, I’m more likely to end up raising my voice.
11. Who does the laundry? At the moment, I do. He did the laundry for two years while he was a stay-at-home dad, and to be truthful, I think he did a much better job.
12. Who takes out the trash? He does, with the help of our 6 year old son — who holds all the doors.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Currently, I do but it all depends on the layout of our room. He has to be between me and the door. It makes me feel more protected.
14. Who pays the bills? I do.
15. Who is better with the computer? That is sooooo him. Definitely him.
16. Who mows the lawn? When we had a lawn to mow, it was him.
17. Who cooks dinner? Usually me. But my sweetie is a great cook, and when he was home full-time, he cooked 90% of the meals. He makes me a fantastic cheesecake for my birthday every year and his Thanksgiving Turkey is quickly becoming legendary! 🙂
18. Who drives when you are together? Him…unless I can beat him to the driver’s seat. For long trips, definitely him. I sleep.
19. Who is the most stubborn? Me. He’s legendary for his Thanksgiving turkey, I’m legendary for my ‘tenacity’, i.e., stubborness.
20. Whose parents do you like the most? We are both probably partial to our own parents. I think that’s natural when both people grow up with great, loving families. But we have both been blessed with in-laws that we truly love and always enjoy seeing/talking to.
21. Who kissed who first? He kissed me! 🙂
22. Who asked out who? He did. Even if he won’t admit it was a date. 😉 We went to see a play on campus. Then we drove to the local Sonic for slushies. He asked me, he paid, he drove. It was a date.
23. Who proposed? He did. It was very romantic. He was on one knee, in the Sandia mountains, overlooking the city of Albuquerque.
24. Who has more friends? Probably him. He has maintained more friendships from high school and college than I have.
25. Who has more siblings? Me. I have three brothers (2 older, 1 younger). He has one brother and one sister (both younger).
I tag Angie.