The last almost eight months of waiting have been difficult. Yes, we have received several strong confirmations from God assuring us that we made the right choice in moving back to New Mexico. But we have also received a lot of hurt, confusion and apparent silence from God. As my sweetie said the other day, it feels like we’ve been put through the fire — which is good in the long run — but we’ve come through with a lot more burns than we expected.
Over the past week, Scott and I happened upon two possible life paths. They were brief encounters. The kind that don’t really inspire much thought or conversation, just a ‘huh’. But both of us, individually, kept mulling over these two possibilities until last night when, on our date night, Scott mentioned that he really felt like our life could very soon come down to the actualization of one of these paths.
I was so relieved when he admitted this because I too had been feeling the same way. But these two paths are not ones that we would have previously considered. Ever. Either one would require an indefinite amount of time to begin. Either one would push us way outside of our comfort zones.
But we both feel a deep sense that this may very well be the reason God has had us wait so long for an answer.
We don’t want to lean on our own desires. We don’t want to force either of these options simply to have an option. But we also don’t want to ignore a prompting from God. And we don’t want to avoid what is uncomfortable.
Will you pray with us? I apologize for being vague, but we really don’t have specifics to share right now and would simply appreciate prayer that if this is a prompting from God, He will clarify and bless our exploration of these options?
If you will pray with us, would you please leave a comment, or otherwise contact us, so that we know who is praying with us? We so appreciate your prayers.