1. Morning hugs from my children.
2. A long skype call with a friend too far away to visit in person.
3. Quiet mornings with a warm drink.
4. Soft new snow blanketing the old and making the landscape brilliant again.
5. Love notes on the kitchen whiteboard.
6. Warmth inside, even when the temperature outside is in the single digits.
7. An unexpected letter arriving in the mail.
8. A fictional character voicing a prayer that speaks directly to my need.
Before the ending of the day…
Creator of the world we pray…
That thou with wonted love wouldst keep…
Thy watch around us while we sleep…
O let no evil dreams be near…
or phantom of the night appear…*
9. Opening the weekly sales ads and realizing that roasts are on sale the week that I’m craving roast stew.
10. A wise old ladybug somehow surviving snow and cold, finding her way inside our warm home, and lighting up the world of a six-year old girl.
What are you grateful for this week?
*Jan Karon, In the Company of Others, page 89