11. watching my son emulate two of his dad’s traits: humor and compassion
12. the soft warmth of my daughter pressed against me in the wee hours of the night, sleeping safely after bad dreams.
13. snow falling again, canceling plans and freeing up an extra evening together as a family.
14. flirty texts with my sweetie.
15. paycheck fridays. Almost five months later, there is still relief every time that bi-weekly deposit appears.
16. access to wise and compassionate doctors…a privilege I know many do not have.
17. freedom to protest.
18. those willing to risk their lives to tell the world their story.