161. evening activities winding down and ending for the summer, allowing us some extra breathing room in our schedule.
162. spoons and knives dangling from plastic lines attached to an upside down metal sconce, my son’s creativity shining.
163. standing with my sweetie as we feel the rumble and hear the roar of crashing waves at high tide.
164. claiming a garden plot for the summer and meeting new friends, all at the same time.
165. cold earth around my fingers as weeds are removed and the ground is loosened, a small space to grow vegetables this summer.
166. discovering a nest of baby garden mice, hidden beneath the surface of the garden, an unexpected moment to discuss respect for life and nature with my children.
167. the never-ending enthusiasm of young ones for searching out sanddollars, clams and other sea life at the beach.
168. breakfast in bed, prepared by my son.
169. finally finding a packet of seeds that we have been searching for since last fall (lemon balm).
170. decorating bracelets and crocks with plastic flowers, glitter, ribbon, and my sweet daughter.